Covid 19 Shield Aerosol Protection
In response to the Covid-19 Pandemic, and specifically the issue of clinical staff protection from cross infection during oral and exhalation procedures, Campbell-Hill Ltd in collaboration with the manufacturer, Airquee Ltd have designed and now present SHIELD, also known as AerosolSHIELD, and the DRS-INK SHIELD (Disposable Resuscitation Safe Intubation and Nebulisation Kit).
The SHIELD is flexible , smooth, lightweight, hygienic and low cost version of the Perspex boxes demonstrated in the past.
Airquee and Campbell-Hill Ltd have engineered four components to create a functional aerosol shield and these are (1) a pvc hood, (2) a pair of PE-X pipes curved as side supports and (3) a pair of removable straight PE-X pipes which slot in to improve stability.
There SHIELD has the following considerations:
- Enough room for Ambu bag and hand ventilation
- Use of stylet
- Awake bronchoscopy
- Straightforward laryngoscopy
- Enough space within for awake patient not to feel claustrophobic
- Enough space for dentists to do awake procedure
- Mcgills forceps and tongue forceps space available