A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. Cookies are used by nearly all websites and do not harm your system.
By using our site you may also receive certain third party cookies on your computer or device. Third party cookies are those placed by websites, services, and/or parties other than us. Third party cookies are used on our site for advertising services.
All cookies used by and on our site are used in accordance with the current law. We may use some or all of the following types of cookie:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services. These cookies cannot be turned off. Without these cookies these services cannot be provided. These cookies do not gather information about you that could be used for marketing or remembering where you have been on the internet.
- Analytical/performance cookies. These allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
- Persistent cookies. A persistent cookie is stored as a file on your computer and it remains there when you close your web browser. The cookie can be read by the website that created it when you visit that website again. We use persistent cookies for Google Analytics.
- Session cookies. A session cookie is temporary and only remains on your computer from the point at which you visit our site until you close your browser. These are automatically deleted when you close your browser.
WHAT COOKIES DOES OUR SITE USE?
- Our site uses analytics services provided by Google Analytics. Website analytics refers to a set of tools used to collect and analyse anonymous usage information which enables us to better understand how our site is used. This, in turn, enables us to improve our site as well as products or services offered. The analytics services used by our site use analytics cookies to gather information. You do not have to allow us to use these cookies however our use of them does not pose any risk to your privacy or the safe use of our site as the information gathered is anonymised.
- Our site also uses Google Adwords remarketing cookies. These are cookies used by Google linked to advertisements placed across the internet by Google, including on third party websites. Google uses these cookies to track access to our website from those advertisements as well as for collecting other data.
CONSENT AND CONTROL
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
If you do not know how to do this, the links below set out information about how to change your browser settings for some of the most commonly used web browsers:
Google Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en-GB
Microsoft Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/278835
Microsoft Edge: https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/products/microsoft-edge (Please note that there are no specific instructions at this time, but Microsoft support will be able to assist)
Safari (macOS) : https://support.apple.com/en-gb/guide/safari/sfri11471/mac
Safari (iOS): https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201265
Android: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?co=GENIE.Platform%3DAndroid&hl=en (Please refer to your device’s documentation for manufacturers’ own browsers)
Google Analytics and Google Adwords
For information on how Google uses data from Google AdWords remarketing cookies, please visit www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/. You can stop Google using such cookies by opting out here: https://www.google.com/policies/technologies/ads/
You can opt out of Google Analytics tracking by visiting http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
You can find more detailed information about cookies and adjusting your browser settings by visiting http://allaboutcookies.org